Vegetable strudel is nothing but, a roll of phyllo dough filled with roasted vegetables.It can be either served with soup or plain. Kids will enjoy this, as the flavor is very mild and tasty. Vegetable lovers will go gaga over these strudel.This strudel is an authentic food of Austria.
Serves: 5 to 6
1.Phyllo sheets - 6
2.Carrot - 1
3.Beans - 5
4.Potato - 1
5.Peas - 1/4 cup
6.Paneer - 2 tbsp.
7.Brocolli - 1/4 cup
8.Basil - 1/4 tsp
9.Salt - as needed
10.Pepper powder - as needed
11.Oil - 2 tbsp.
12.Butter - 2 tbsp.
* Cut the veges and boil them except broccoli. Take a pan , add oil and sauté the broccoli first. when it is sautéed well, add the other cooked vegetables and toss it.
* Turn the stove off.Now add the paneer,basil,pepper powder and salt and give it a stir.
* Thaw the phyllo sheets as per the instruction given in the box. Spread the sheets on the kitchen counter.Brush it with butter. Brush all the sheets with butter.
Now spread the vegetables on top of the sheet, leaving , half inch space in all the sides.
* Place the roll on a pan, seam side down.Take a knife, slash the roll in 4 or 5 places. Brush the outer layer with butter.
* Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees Farenhiet. Place the strudel in the oven and cook for atleast 25- 30 minutes or until it has golden brown spots on top. Trim both the ends of the strudel.Slice the strudel and enjoy with soup.
* We can whatever vegetables we like;
* Thaw the phyllo sheets well, if not it will get torned.
* Original recipe called for cheese, I replaced it with paneer.
* We can also roll the strudel from long side.